The E&P Technologies CoI purpose is to provide technologies to enable intelligent power & energy management to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Electromechanical Conversion: Increase the power density, efficiency, and robustness of motors, generators, and actuators while also reducing their life cycle costs.
- Energy Storage: Improve electrical and electrochemical energy storage devices to decrease device size, weight, and cost as well as increase their capabilities in extreme temperatures and operating conditions.
- Power Control and Distribution: Develop tactical, deployable power systems using conventional fuels, alternative fuels, and energy harvested from renewable/ambient sources.
- Power Generation/Energy Conversion: Enable smart energy networks for platforms, forward operating bases, and facilities using modeling and simulation tools as well as new, greater capability and efficiency components.
- Thermal Transport and Control: Efficiently manage heat and enable higher power density systems through advanced thermal science and technology: advanced components, system modeling, and adaptive or hybrid-cycle technologies.
- Overview of DoD Energy & Power S&T: E&P Community of Interest Roadmap (PDF)