2018 Personnel Recovery (PR) Service Core Function (SCF)
Technology Interchange Meeting (TIM) (19 - 23 March 2018)
Addendum #2, 15 December 2017—New submission deadline!
New Submission deadline!— Due to the Holidays, all nominated IR&D abstracts must be in the Defense Innovation Marketplace IR&D Database,and submissions received using the Excel spreadsheet, via our, team email address, not later than 12 January 2018.
Mark your calendars! The Air Force top experts in Personnel Recovery (PR) Service Core Function (SCF) will host their inaugural IR&D Technology Interchange Meetings (TIM) during the week of 19-23 March 2018. The event will be held in a secure facility at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
This webpage provides an overview of what the PR SCF is interested in engaging with industry regarding PR Science and Technology (S&T). Please note the data presented on this webpage is linked to the announcement made in the Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) announcement for the same event. There will only be one announcement in the FBO site. Details and updates will only be posted on this webpage. The PR IR&D TIM event will focus on the following thrust areas:
- Technologies locating & authenticating Isolated Personnel (IP), without highlighting their location to unfriendly forces. Preferred methods require no action by IP and do not require putting additional assets/forces at risk
- Support for IP
- Technologies enabling IP to survive in the environment, evade enemy forces, and deter/defeat enemy forces from locating/capturing
- Technologies delivering supplies, undetected by enemy forces, to IP in contested environments over long distances. Examples of supplies -- water, food, ammunition, and clothing
- Technologies for surviving/evading: Water extraction from environment both on land and at sea, signature reduction (visual, EM, audible, thermal, olfactory), Denied GPS locating & navigating, biometrically-driven location/authentication, protecting from exposure to environment, extending power (extended life batteries power generation/harvesting), combining functionality of current vest/seat kit to reduce size/weight while improving capability
- Execute Recovery
- Technologies enabling current rescue force to affect recovery in contested environments – applicable to both the air element (HH-60/HC-130) and the ground element (Guardian Angel)
- Autonomous platforms for rapid personnel recovery in contested environments. Technologies should consider the scenario where IP is injured and non-ambulatory. Note: autonomous does not necessarily mean unmanned
For definitions and the scope of these sub-areas, please see the document library. The PR SCF Chair is expected to have Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from the services and other DoD Components including ASDR&E, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and the Missile Defense Agency, will come together to enrich the technology dialogue with Industry.
As you do your due diligence on your interest in this DoD-Industry technology engagement, we are sure you will have questions about the technical intent of documents, and data shared, and processes to be used in the planning and execution of these events. Your inquiries can be addressed to the DoD planning team at email@example.com. Our team of experts will provide you timely responses.
Some of the many unique features of our DoD/Industry technology exchange model include opportunities for Industry to describe their IR&D effort, enabling the government SME team to caucus on salient points of significant interest, and providing time for giving real-time feedback to the company. This feedback is deliberate in addressing possible ways in furthering potential R&D partnering, using tools such as Cooperative R&D Agreements (CRADAs), informing of relevant site visits/demos, and referrals to other relevant DoD (DARPA, DTRA, etc.) and governmental agencies (NASA, etc.). These activities are ongoing and tend to prove to be beneficial to both Government and Industry.
The notional schedule below is for planning purposes and subject to change. Any subsequent revisions will be posted to this page.
- 20 Oct 2017 – Open window for submissions of Industry IR&D reports to the Marketplace IR&D database begins; forward IR&D report number list to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 14 Dec 2017 – Close submission window for receipt of Industry’s projects
- 19 Jan 2018 – Selected firms receive invitation to participate in the face-to-face event
- 19 Feb 2018 – Selected Industry attendees provide read-ahead briefs to AFRL/XPP
- 19 – 23 Mar 2018 – PR SCF IR&D TIMs event conducted at Wright-Patterson AFB,OH
- Additional Detail for PR IRAD Event [DISTRO D - Limited Distribution]
- BA Immersion Brief [DISTRO D - Limited Distribution]
- Combat Search and Rescue Desirements [DISTRO D - Limited Distribution]
- Functional Breakdown Structure of a Combat Search and Rescue Mission [DISTRO D - Limited Distribution]
- Definitions of CSAR Function [DISTRO D - Limited Distribution]
If you are interested in participating
Please don’t wait… send your expression of interest to participate in this event to our team email address, email@example.com. If in one week you don’t hear back from the IR&D planning team, please resend your original e-mail. When we receive your expression of interest, via email, we will forward you an Excel spreadsheet and other information on how to nominate your IR&D abstracts.
All nominated IR&D abstracts must be in the Defense Innovation Marketplace IR&D Database, and submissions received using the Excel spreadsheet, via firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 14 December 2017.
**Please note if this is your first time responding to an announcement, keep in mind that obtaining the required access to the IR&D database may take one week. To obtain access to the IR&D database, please visit the Defense Innovation Marketplace IR&D Database
Our PR SCF has put together strategic and informative documents that are accessible through a library built for this engagement on the marketplace.
We highly recommend reviewing these documents posted in the Document Library in your due diligence and determination to submit IR&D topics. Please check back to this webpage for updates or possible additional postings of documents.